Finding a vegetarian sandwich can be difficult in some countries. Either the shop will have only meat options or the sandwich won't be much tasty. Better doing yourself :)
Here is one we have made often in Mexico as the base is of avocado. It is perfect with a fresh salad fruits.
Preparation: 10 min
Recipe for 4 sandwiches
- 4 pieces of bread (the one you prefer)
- 2 avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 cucumber
- 200g of mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
1. For the base: in a bowl, crush the avocados, add the paprika powder, lime juice, salt and pepper.
2. Cut the cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms and onion in slices.
3. Cut the bread in half and brush each side with mustard and the avocado base. Add all the vegetables.
Bon appétit !