Indian food is always a good idea. Lentils soup is a great vegetarian dish low in calories and rich in iron and proteins and full of fibers. Also, you can find lentils in many countries. As we were in Mexico we decided to mix it with local cuisine. We fried some plantains bananas and made a juice of fresh mangos and coconut milk. Plantains are a source of fiber, vitamins A, C, and B-6, magnesium and potassium.
A fantastic meal to get back on track after a morning run or when getting back from a trek!
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking: 30 min
Recipe for 4 persons
- 300g of red lentils
- 4 tomatoes
- 40cl of coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (or whichever oil you have)
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
1. Peel the onion and roughly chop it.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and brown the onion with the curry for 5 min.
3. Pour in the coconut milk, mix and let reduce for 5 minutes.
4. Add the red lentils, the cut tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper and pour 40cl of water. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Mix in a blender and serve hot.
Bon appétit !