It's a fairly simple recipe for which you can also use cherries, apricots or pears. Fruits in a can are actually perfectly fine for this type of pie.
From all the cakes we have made in hostels, this one hits the top of the chart.
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 25 min
Recipe for 8 persons
- 5 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100g of white sugar
- 80g of regular flour
- 60g of butter (or vegan butter)
- 30cl of milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 300g of peaches in a can
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C (350°F).
2. Beat the eggs. Add salt, sugar and mix well. The mixture should be frothy. Add the melted butter, then the flour, before diluting with the milk.
3. Arrange the peaches in a mold well buttered.
4. Pour the dough over the peaches then bake in the oven for 25 min. Serve warm.
Bon appétit !