As we were in Chiapas (Mexico) for the quarantine, we had to deal with cold nights during the rain season. Hence, we made many different types of soups. Here is one of our creation :) We used what we could find at the nearest shop: black beans, spices and corn!
Preparation: 5 min
Cooking: 25 min
Recipe for 4 persons
- 350g of drained black beans (buy it directly in can)
- 130g of drained corn (in can)
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
- 500ml of vegetal broth
- Lime juice
1. In a pot, add the oil, chopped onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook it until it becomes translucent. Then add the spices (cumin, paprika, oregano, chili and pepper) and mix it.
2. Cut the tomatoes in small pieces and mix it in the pot for 2 minutes.
3. Add the drained beans and the vegetal broth and mix it. Close the lid and cook it for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add the lime juice, taste and adjust salt and spices to your convenience.
5. Blend half of the soup and pour it back in the pot then add the drained corn. Serve it with cilantro on top.
Bon appétit !