One thing we realised during our trip is that not many countries have dessert. Or at least not the way we think about it as european. Especially, they don't do pastry. But they all love it :)
Marble cake is a french classic cake and ingredients are easy to find or repleceable.
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 30 min
Recipe for 8 persons
* You'll need an oven, a small one will do but make sure you have a cake plate that fits in.
- 3 eggs
- 60g of butter or margarine (classic or vegan)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (if it's vanilla aroma you can put some more)
- 20g of baking soda
- 190g of flour
- 100g of sugar
- 180ml of milk (classic or non-dairy)
- 160g of dark chocolate (you can use chocolate powder, even Nesquick works fine)
1. Mix the eggs with the sugar, then slowly add the butter.
2. Incorporate the flour and the baking soda, then add the milk.
3. Pour half of the dough into a buttered and floured cake mold.
4. Melt the chocolate over very low heat, then mix it with the rest of the dough.
5. Pour the chocolate dough on the dough already present in the mold.
6. Using a knife, quickly mix the 2 doughs by making a "Z" movement.
7. Bake at 160°C (320°F) until the tip of the knife comes out dry.
8. Let cool it down, then unmould it.
Bon appétit !