Crepe with lime juice, banana, jam or chocolate, everyone has its favorite! A French classic is lime juice with a bit of sugar. You should definitively try it if you have not yet. This is a great way to get everyone in the hostel sitting at the table. It takes time to cook but it is so rewarding and everyone will appreciate the effort.
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking: 90 min
Recipe for 10 persons
- 500g of wheat flour
- 8 eggs
- 1L of milk
- 4 teaspoons of white sugar
- 100g of melted butter
- 15cl of rum (dark or white)
- 2 pinches of salt
1. Put the flour in a bowl with the salt and sugar and make a well in the middle to pour the eggs in.
2. Start to mix gently. When the mixture becomes thick, add the cold milk little by little.
3. When all the milk is mixed, the dough should be fluid. If it seems too thick, add more milk. Then add the cooled melted butter and the rum, mix well.
4. Bake the crepes in a hot pan (put a bit of oil or butter on the pan). Pour a small ladle of dough into the pan, immediatly rotate to distribute the dough over the entire surface. Put on the fire and when the crepe turns a light brown color, it's time to turn it over.
5. Cook for about a minute on this side and the crepe is ready. Repeat until all the dough is finished.
Tips: Have people to try it themselves
6. Serve it cold or hot with all the toppings you want: banana, chocolate, lime juice and sugar, marple syrup, jam, honey...
Bon appétit !