If you are looking for a quick, fresh and lightweight meal, here is an all-time classic very convenient for all travellers. Basically, you need vegetables and a blender. It is ok if you do not have all the vegetables, you can replace it with whatever you have in your fridge, it won't hurt!
Preparation: 15 min
Recipe for 4 persons
- 1 cucumber
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 green pepper (or the color you like)
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- A bit of chives (or any herbs you like)
- 200g of breadcrumbs (better if it is dry)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 pinch of chili powder (or paprika if you like it soft)
1. Peel the cucumber, split it in half, remove the seeds and cut it into small pieces. Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds, then cut the pulp into small cubes. For the pepper, remove the seeds and cut it into cubes. Clean and chop the onions.
Tips: here is a video that shows you how to easily cut a pepper
2. Soak the breadcrumbs in cold water. Peel the garlic and remove the germ. Mix all the vegetables, herbs, garlic and squeezed breadcrumbs in the blender. Season with salt, pepper, chili and olive oil. Put it 30 minutes in the fridge before serving.
Tips: you can add 1 teaspoon of vinegar
Bon appétit !