You won't find cauliflower tacos on any streed food stand in Latin America. It's a pitty because it's one of the best tacos variation we've tried so far! And you should definitely try it yourself. It is a good alternative from the traditional red beans, corn or meat tacos which can become a bit boring at time.
Preparation: 15 min
Recipe for 4 persons
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 teaspoons of paprika powder
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 12 medium tortillas
1. Cut the cauliflower in small pieces and place them in a large saucepan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Wet up and cook over high heat for 15 minutes then drain it.
2. Cook the cauliflower in a saucepan with the paprika powder for 5 minutes.
3. Cut the avocados, red onion and tomatoes into slices. Mix them in a bowl with the lime juice.
4. Heat the tortillas in a microwave for 5 minutes.
5. For the dressing, brush one side of the tortilla with tomato sauce. Add the cauliflower and the avocado/tomato/red onion mix.
Bon appétit !